Craiglands Hotel & Spa, Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy - Updated 4th July 2020
The Craiglands Hotel & Spa, Ilkley is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak. As the situation continues to change rapidly our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, team members and of the wider community.
The Craiglands Hotel & Spa is now open and to this end we have made some necessary changes to our hospitality offering and operation to reassure you and ensure the continuity of business and our usual high standards of service are maintained.
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded with two industry standard marks ‘Were Good to Go’ from ‘Visit England’ and the ‘Quality in Tourism’ kite mark both bring confidence and trust back to our industry achieving the gold standard for safety and cleanliness by following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. In accordance with the most recent government guidelines, the hotel has introduced Covid Secure risk assessments along with the Best Western Plus brand recommended cleaning protocols in partnership with both ‘Visit England’ and ‘Quality in Tourism’ to ensure confidence and trust to make your stay even more comfortable. We will continue to provide regular updates on our hotel website www.craiglands.co.uk/covid-19/ and at the hotel reception desk.
Effective immediately and until further notice:
- We are having daily briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- All public areas and high contact touchpoints will be cleaned regularly.
- We will increase the sanitation of all areas, focusing on contact points such as but not limited to; door handles, remote controls, menus, dispensers, coffee machines, cruets and chair backs.
- We will increase the use of sanitisers within the guest bedroom cleaning process and all housekeeping team members have received training regarding the sanitisation of all contact points.
- All equipment used in the service of food to customers will be sanitised prior to re-use.
- We will continue to adjust the food and beverage service and menu selection in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- All team members will wash their hands a minimum of every half an hour and prior to handling service equipment and after handling crockery, cutlery or glassware handled by the public.
- All staff have been advised against the use of hand shaking as a greeting.
- Our kitchen team follow a strict cleaning and sanitation process as standard and this will always continue to be adhered to.
- To protect our guests and our team members, any employee showing a sign of a cough or fever will not be permitted to work.
Any guests identified with Coronavirus symptoms will be required to self-isolate and should there be any doubt as to a guest’s health whilst staying with us, or when checking in, they will be required to report to the NHS directly with our assistance as required.
We ask that all of our guests take these steps, which are consistent with government advice:
- If you think you may have encountered the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water
- Please do not come to the hotel if you have had a precipitant, new cough or a fever (Temperature above 37.8C). Follow government advice and self-isolate for 7 days
We are closely monitoring government guidelines and will keep our policy as current as possible. If new advice is given by the government, this policy may be revised.
We recommend the use of travel or events insurance to all our customers, especially in these uncertain times.
Additional department policies have been introduced including but not limited to the below.
- Guests are asked to stand behind a line at reception and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Rooms staying more than one night will not be serviced – any requirements will be upon request and will be left outside the door.
- All touch points in bedrooms to be cleaned and sanitised as per instruction, paying attention to all touch points such as, remote controls, telephones, door handles, light switches, wardrobe doors, etc.
- All public area door handles to be sanitised as often as possible.
- Staff not to enter the guest room whilst occupied, rubbish etc in the room is requested to be put outside by the guest.
- Guest signature is not needed on their registration card – if any details are needed, staff will update these.
- Bedroom soft furnishings have been removed to minimise the risk of any potential areas the covid-19 virus could harbour.
Food & Beverage
- If breakfast is provided, this can either be taken as a ‘Grab & Go’ option served to your room or cooked breakfast served plated in our Brasserie 1 restaurant.
- Our Brasserie 1 restaurant is open for dinner service or if you wish to have dinner served to your room this option is also available. Staff are not to enter the room at any point and once finished we ask for the tray is to be placed outside the room for collection.
- Payments – are only by card or room charge, cash transactions in the hotel are not encouraged.
- Our Verbeia Spa & Gym facilities are currently closed as per the current government guidelines.
- Any public area doors able to be left open without creating a fire risk have been, to reduce high risk potential touch points.
- One person to use the lifts at a time unless from the same household.
- Signage and general hotel collateral have been reduced to an absolute minimum. For our guest’s convenience a digital media solution is available for you to enjoy throughout your stay.
There is a strict zero tolerance for our Coronavirus policy in place. Any guests not following the policy will be asked to leave the hotel.
We are closely monitoring government guidelines and will keep our policy as current as possible. If new advice is given by the government this policy may be revised.
We welcome all of our guests to speak directly to the hotel if they have any further questions or need support or advice in any way.