CRAIGLANDS HOTEL & SPA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
The Craiglands Hotel, Ilkley is closely monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID19) outbreak.
As the situation continues to change rapidly our top priority remains the health, safety, and well-being of our guests and team members. The Craiglands Hotel is opening from Saturday 4th July 2020 with appropriate measures in place to protect the health of our guests and team members and of the wider community. We have been planning for several contingency scenarios and taking decisive, informed action to limit the spread of COVID-19 while ensuring the continuity of business and usual high levels of service.
We will continue to provide regular updates on our hotel website www.craiglands.co.uk and at the hotel reception desk.
Effective immediately and until further notice:
- We are having daily briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- The hotel public areas will be cleaned on a regular cycle.
- We will increase the sanitation of all areas, focusing on contact points such as but not limited to; door handles, remote controls, menus, dispensers, coffee machines, cruets and chair backs.
- We will increase the use of sanitisers within the guest bedroom cleaning process and all housekeeping team members have received training regarding the sanitisation of all contact points.
- We will only use single use paper for all cleaning processes to prevent recontamination.
- All equipment used in the service of food to customers will be sanitised prior to re-use.
- We will continue to adjust the food and beverage service and menu selection in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- Our kitchen team follow a strict cleaning and sanitation process as standard and this will always continue to be adhered to.
- All team members will wash their hands a minimum of every half an hour and prior to handling service equipment and after handling crockery, cutlery or glassware handled by the public.
- To protect our guests and our team members, any employee showing a sign of a cough or fever will not be permitted to work.
- All staff have been advised against the use of hand shaking as a greeting.
Any guests identified with Coronavirus symptoms will be required to self-isolate and should there be any doubt as to a guest’s health whilst staying with us, or when checking in, they will be required to report to the NHS directly with our assistance as required.
We ask that all of our guests take these steps, which are consistent with government advice:
- Please do not come to the hotel if you have had a precipitant, new cough or a fever (Temperature above 37.8C). Follow government advice and self-isolate for 7 days.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water.
- If you think you may have encountered the virus, please follow the government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
We are closely monitoring government guidelines and will keep our policy as current as possible.
If new advice is given by the government, this policy may be revised.
We recommend the use of travel or events insurance to all our customers, especially in these uncertain times.
Additional department policies have been introduced including but not limited to the below.
- Guests are asked to stand behind a line at reception and follow social distancing guidelines.
- Guest signature is not needed on registration card – if any details are needed, staff will update these.
- All touch points in bedrooms to be cleaned and sanitised as per instruction, paying attention to all touch points such as, door handles, light switches, remote controls, telephones, wardrobe doors, etc.
- Staff not to enter the guest room whilst occupied or within the 72-hour window, rubbish etc in the room is requested to be put outside by the guest.
- TV remotes and phone handles in guest bedrooms have been wrapped in a clear bag for your safety which is replaced when the bedrooms are cleaned after the 72-hour window.
- Bedroom soft furnishings have been removed to minimise the risk of any potential areas the covid-19 virus could harbour.
- All public area door handles to be sanitised as often as possible.
- Rooms staying more than one night will not be serviced – any requirements will be upon request and will be left outside the door.
Food & Beverage
- If breakfast is provided, this can either be taken as a ‘grab & go’ continental option or cooked breakfast to order. Both options can we served via room service or may collect the ‘grab & go’ option from reception at your convenience.
- Dinner service is available and can be ordered through our room service. Staff are not to enter the room at any point and once finished we ask for the tray is to be placed outside the room for collection.
- Payments – are only by card or room charge, cash transactions in the hotel are not available
- Our Spa & Gym facilities are currently closed as per current government guidelines
- A maximum of two persons from the same household are allowed in the hotel lifts at the same time unless hotel signage states differently.
- Any public area doors able to be left open without creating a fire risk have been to reduce high risk potential touch points.
- Signage and general hotel collateral have been brought back to an absolute minimum.
There is a strict zero tolerance for our Coronavirus policy in place. Any guests not following the policy will be asked to leave the hotel.
We are closely monitoring government guidelines and will keep our policy as current as possible. If new advice is given by the government this policy may be revised.